Planning to refresh your home in 2018? Consider small renovations that make a tremendous impact on your home’s design – such as changing your paint color, furnishings, tile or lighting!
Here are 5 trending design elements this year to get you started. For the full article and more trends from House Beautiful, click here:
- Monochromatic color schemes: Don’t be afraid to try tone-on-tone designs this year – in fact, it’s encouraged! One way to achieve this approach is to incorporate similar colors and tones in your walls, curtains and furnishings in varying shades.
- Velvet materials: Another popular trend this year is to include velvet in small ways throughout home accents and decor – this can be achieved by selecting furniture, pillows or throw rugs that feature velvet. We love that these bar stools were covered with the plush material to add visual interest and dimensional texture!
- Switch up tiles: According to House Beautiful, 2018 will see a shift from the use of white subway tile to materials with different colors, tones and textures. The kitchen below is accented nicely with beige, textured tiles.
- Touches of Brass: Décor and small accents with Brass finishes are increasingly trending this year. Bring in this element in your coffee table, light fixtures, appliance handles – or choose other creative ways to add a glamorous feel to any space in your home.
- Unique, decorative lighting: Last but certainly not least, artisan fixtures are prominent in current designs.Designers are looking for affordable lighting with a luxurious feel to take spaces to the next level – and that is exactly what Progress Lighting can provide. We offer fixtures that can be mixed and matched in any home style. Now, you can browse our products according to your unique style. Check it out here!
Looking for more high-end fixtures for your home this year? Our Design Series collections can take your space to the next level. Browse them here, and follow us on Instagram @progressltg for daily inspiration!