Get inspired with tips from our friends at Kolter Homes on how to make the most of your living space! From the way you decorate your room to selecting multi-functional pieces, Kolter helps you re-think the decorating process and settle on solutions that are sure to inspire.
Re-thinking Vertical Space
Often times we get caught up in the physical, floor space. However, the untapped area left is vertical space. Drawing the eye up allowing the room to feel more expansive while showcasing your impeccable style, are just some reasons why vertical space is important to utilize.
- Choose elements that create drama and depth. Mirrors and glass frames create reflections allowing other areas of your room to be highlighted and visible.
- Hang curtains from the ceiling to allow for maximum light to enter.
- Place decorative vases, plants, or pictures on top of tall cabinets and bookshelves to create an impression of expansiveness while showing off distinctive decorative pieces.
The new trend in furniture isn’t oversized and stuffy; it’s making every piece count. By finding items that have more than one use, you can embrace change with a stylish flair.
- Get a table that works as both a desk and dining room table. An extra seat, small table, and secret hiding place can be found in a storage ottoman.
- Let your creativity flow. For example, using two small round tables instead of one big coffee table creates a unique, modern feel.
- If you have a den or guest suite in your house, finding a daybed or deep sofa that can double as a guest bed allows for more freedom and functionality.
Work, sleep, eat, entertain, and relax – these are all activities we do in our home. Without realizing it, our routine is set in stone with no invigorating change in sight. Simply establishing separate zones for each of those daily activities can revive and refresh us and our living space by creating a new look and feel.
- Subtle wall and floor decorations, multiple seating areas, or a perfectly placed chair can all evoke separate “rooms” within one room.
For more great decorating and design tips, check out the Kolter Homes blog.